SPECIAL DEAL: The first ten people to register for our shiitake workshop will receive a FREE organic cotton LRUF sweatshirt ($45 value) as part of their package!!! Register today to guarantee your spot and sweatshirt!
Why Attend A Mushroom Growing Workshop? Do you enjoy eating mushrooms but are discouraged by the price at supermarkets or farmer’s markets? Shiitake mushrooms and many other types of mushrooms are surprisingly easy to grow at home, indoors or outdoors. Join Little Rock Urban Farming at 5910 G Street this February Saturday February 18th. We will demonstrate how to inoculate oak logs with Shiitake spawn, and you will get to take home your own fruiting Shiitake log. The workshop will start at 10 am and end with lunch at The Root Café at noon. Cost for attending is $125.
What participants receive:
- Your own fruiting Shiitake mushroom log.
- Organic cotton LRUF hooded sweatshirt
- Shiitake mushroom burger lunch provided at The Root café.
- An informational pamphlet on maintaining your Shiitake logs.
- Learn the basic techniques for starting your own Shiitake farm or backyard mushroom garden.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for the Shiitake Mushroom Workshop.